JPI is seeking a Technical Writer / Training Specialist with a minimum four (4) years’ experience of management consulting and technical writing experience in support of Enterprise IT projects and business processes. The Technical Writer will work with clients and integrated product teams to understand documentation requirements, and will work collaboratively to prepare training material for complex IT programs. THE CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECRET LEVEL CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED).
- Producing high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Working with internal teams on product and documentation requirements.
- Writing easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Coordinating all parties to tasks and review work products for completeness, quality, and adherence to customer requirements.
- Conducting detailed research and analysis of technical data.
- Reading and interpreting government policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those to required activities.
- Leading and facilitating client meetings and exercises.
- Creating project status briefings and reports.
- Additional activities include participating in program management working sessions and supporting program managers in executing day-to-day project management activities
- Must have at least four (4) years of management consulting experience, including two (2) years of technical writing experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems, engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively, both independently and in team settings, to include close collaboration with program managers
- Proven ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- A DHS HQ EOD is required before the successful candidate can commence work. An active DHS HQ EOD is highly desired.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.