JPI is hiring a self-starter with 5-7 years of experience, proven leadership skills and a team mentality. Providing program management, project management, governance support, facilitation, meeting coordination and support, and strategic planning support to a USCG client. Leading the way through strategy and integration in support of achieving affordable readiness and operational success.
- Facilitation of meetings and working groups geared toward the development of strategies and solutions that address the needs stakeholders.
- Provide guidance to produce sound recommendations for the client related to organizational strategy and project/program management.
- Lead the documentation and development of artifacts to set Directorate goals and strategy.
- Clearly articulate and document work-breakdown structures and management of project tasks within the client's enterprise project management system.
- Provide leadership and rigor in management of project timelines.
- Develop formal project documentation to include project plans, policy, charters, business cases, white papers, memoranda, and reports.
- Manage the formal development of strategic documents from content creation through formal signature.
- Work with governance boards, prepare materials, facilitate meetings, and assist with meeting logistics.
- Contribute to efforts across the project team, balancing client needs and team responsibilities.
- Management consulting experience, with at least 5-7 years of experience directly related to managing projects or initiatives, deadlines, and project teams in a client environment.
- PMP preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, communications, or a related field.
- Hands-on experience with understanding and demonstrated application, and recommending improvements to project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools) managing projects and programs, developing project plans and plans of action and milestones (POA&Ms) using MS Project and the MS Office Suite.
- Experience, or ability to quickly learn, SharePoint.
- Experience in database usage, report generation, and data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, including experience with clear and concise correspondence.
- Experience in communicating and customizing complex messages so that they are easily understood by diverse stakeholder audiences.
- Experience in building and managing client relationships.
- Experience in exploring new opportunities for clients, and identifying new and creative ideas. Desire to develop and implement new tools and methodologies to guide client work.
- Experience in working in full-time, immersive, on-site locations with federal government clients.
- The desire and commitment to strive for excellence in client and service delivery.
- DHS/DoD Public Trust preferred
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.