JPI has an immediate opening for a Senior Project Manager with a strong strategic communications background, with eight or more years of management consulting and strategic planning experience, preferably in USCG or DHS. This position will be working with senior USCG clients providing support for the management and oversight of the enterprise strategic plan implementation team and communications outreach.
- Managing multiple projects of high complexity and to direct the completion of projects within estimated timeframes and resource constraints.
- Working with senior CG officers and civilian project managers and SMEs to accomplish the customer's required end-state.
- Drafting implementation plans, including governance structures, prioritized initiatives, performance metrics, and measures.
- Coordinating all parties to tasks and review work products for completeness, quality, and adherence to customer requirements.
- Developing and implementing an enterprise-wide go-to-market plan, working with all teams to execute.
- Create Project Management-related strategies and action plans
- Develop and maintain project plans using MS Project
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior personnel.
- Provide coaching to senior leadership and/or client personnel.
- Leading and facilitating client meetings and exercises.
- Identifying strategies for automating and implementing efficient work management processes.
- Creating project status briefings and reports.
- Identifying issues and developing issues resolution/escalation strategies.
- Develop strategies, tools, and training materials as needed to support implementation efforts.
- Additional activities include participating in program management working sessions and supporting program managers in executing day-to-day project management activities.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Project Management, Computer Science or related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in project management;
- Management consulting experience required (within USCG or DHS desired);
- Strong organizational management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, management of program and leadership calendars and experience in supporting the day to day operations of a high-visibility program office;
- US Citizen
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred;
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Visio
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.