JPI has an immediate opening for a Senior Manager with at least 15 years professional experience, including 10+ years management consulting and technical project management experience with the federal government. The successful candidate will have experience implementing enterprise technology solutions in a Federal environment and working closely with Government clients. In this role you will balance technical leadership with hands-on development and implementation to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, highly technical, and cross-functional information technology initiatives. This position will lead a large delivery team working directly with senior leadership, project managers, and a wide range of technical professionals to ensure enterprise IT projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Client Service Delivery (50%):
- Directs development and oversees delivery of solutions and deliverables to meet or exceed contractual requirements;
- Drives development and maintenance of project artifacts, including charters, analysis of alternatives, communications action plans, risk management plans, agendas, minutes, and correspondence;
- Leads client presentations and communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences and identify and manage project interdependencies
- Interacts with both business and technical stakeholders of clients to provide a sound technical solution
- Manages complex engagements and interface with senior level management internally as well as with clients
- Oversees development of project status briefings and reports;
- Manages sub-contractors;
- Uses enterprise project management information systems to support ongoing project management efforts;
- Leads and facilitates senior client meetings and exercises;
- Identifies strategies for automating and implementing efficient work management processes;
- Maps complex business processes and communicates solutions to the client;
- Provides thought leadership and innovation to provide recommendations on emerging technologies or optimization/efficiencies across architecture, implementation, hosting, etc.
Contract Management (10%):
- Manages production of monthly contractual deliverables and invoices, and ensures timely submission;
- Manages engagement economics to include spend plans, AR, subcontractor agreements, and contract documentation;
- Maintains strong relationship with Contracting Officer and Contracting Officer's Representative;
- Ensure compliance with all contractual requirements and clauses.
Personnel and Team Development (20%):
- Leads account staffing and maintains a team that can deliver to client requirements;
- Develops and mentors personnel to ensure career aspirations are understood;
- Assists with the career development of subordinates;
- Identifies training opportunities and appropriate certifications for staff to pursue.
Business Development (20%):
- Identifies, qualifies, and leads capture of new business opportunities;
- Manages business capture and proposal process to ensure compliant and timely responses to client Requests for Proposal (RFP)
- Positively represents JPI to different clients through clear articulation of JPI's value proposition;
- Identifies alignment of JPI solutions to client needs;
- Clarifies JPI service portfolio and corporate differentiators.
- Management consulting experience required, with at least ten years in project management;
- Advanced knowledge of multiple IT disciplines, including application, data and infrastructure architecture
- Experience developing and implementing management consulting methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, and templates);
- Demonstrated ability to identify, qualify, and lead capture efforts for new business opportunities resulting in $5M+ annually;
- Experience leading proposal teams in support of responses to large, complex federal solicitations, i.e. $10M+
- Capability to successfully recruit, staff, train, and mentor employees and build high-performing teams
- Proven ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven process;
- Experience in building and managing senior client relationships;
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in large team settings to include close collaboration with program managers;
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, information systems or a related field;
- MBA or Master's degree in technical field is a plus;
- PMP or other related industry certifications are strongly desired;
- Exposure to Agile, ITIL, SDLC, SELC and CMMI principles;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Visio and Project;
- Big 4 Experience desired
- DHS, GSA, ICE, Coastguard experience desired;
- Clearance: Clearable to DoD Secret or above
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.