JPI is seeking a Cloud Analyst with a minimum eight (8) years’ experience, with at least one year directly supporting Cloud initiatives as an analyst, engineer, or technical project manager/project lead. This position will lead the requirements gathering and analysis to plan, develop, and operate a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution using Microsoft Azure. The position requires awareness of technical and cloud concepts and the ability to apply those concepts with the help of other engineers to define operational and business standard processes, develop documentation, report to senior leadership, and engage and onboard tenants. Expertise in meeting facilitation, task coordination, and exceptional hands-on execution of client deliverables are required to ensure success. This position will work directly with the client to lead the effort of the project team and facilitate the collection of strategic and tactical objectives.
- Work with the project team to develop, define, and elaborate technical, operational, and business features and requirements
- Define and document key business requirements and documentation, such as Service Level Metrics for the definition of Service Level Agreements/Objectives.
- Define and document key operational requirements and documentation, such and Concept of Operations (CONOPs) and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Support the definition of key technical requirements and documentation, such as Authority to Operate (ATO) packages.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops for visioning, surveys, business process descriptions, user story-based product backlog development, use cases modeling and specification, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Conduct detailed research in order to translate business requirements into precise, high quality user stories or functional specifications.
- Identify and validate key business and technical requirements.
- Work closely with cross-functional agile project teams and help drive projects across the product design, development and testing.
- Maintain an up-to-date backlog of features and user stories within an Agile methodology
- Define and document product Vision (in a Vision and Scope document or in alternative Vision descriptions favored by agile teams).
- Analyze business needs to identify new processes or process improvements that will meet those needs then initiate new projects.
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to understand business strategies and future initiatives to determine future process and solution needs.
- Bachelor's degree in business, industrial engineering, or a related field is required. MBA or advanced degree is a plus
- At least one year of professional experience directly supporting a Cloud-focused project or initiative in an analyst, engineer, or technical project manager/project lead role
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with multiple Cloud disciplines, including the vendor landscape, security frameworks and concepts, and modern software development techniques (agile/DevOps frameworks, deployment patterns, Continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD), etc.)
- Familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively, both independently and in team settings, to include close collaboration with program managers
- Proven ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience in building and managing client relationships
- Hands-on experience supporting large, complex programs and program management offices
- A DHS HQ EOD is required before the successful candidate can commence work. An active DHS HQ EOD is highly desired.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.