JPI is seeking a Senior Business Analyst (BA) with a minimum eight (8) years’ experience, working as a business analyst, with the lsat three using Agile management methodologies. This position will lead the requirements gathering and analysis to plan for a Cloud migration to Azure. Expertise in meeting facilitation, task coordination, and exceptional hands-on execution of client deliverables are required to ensure success. The BA will work under the guidance of the project manager. The BA will act as Scrum Master, working with the client, and leading the project team, to facilitate the collection of strategic and tactical objectives. THE CANDIDATE MUST CURRENTLY HOLD A DHS ENTRY ON DUTY (EOD).
- Work with the project team to develop, define, and elaborate features and user stories for future releases and sprints.
- Define and document Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Define and document Service Level Metrics for the defintion of Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
- Ensure that user stories meet the client's "definition of ready" (fully elaborated with acceptance criteria, etc.).
- Maintain an up-to-date backlog of features and user stories for future sprints.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops for visioning, surveys, business process descriptions, user story-based product backlog development, use cases modeling and specification, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Work with users to define concepts and clarify requirements under the direction of project managers.
- Conduct detailed research in order to translate business requirements into precise, high quality user stories or functional specifications.
- Identify and validate key business requirements.
- Work closely with cross-functional agile project teams and help drive projects across the product design, development and testing.
- Define and document product Vision (in a Vision and Scope document or in alternative Vision descriptions favored by agile teams).
- Analyze business needs to identify new processes or process improvements that will meet those needs then initiate new projects.
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to understand business strategies and future initiatives to determine future process and solution needs.
- Bachelor's degree in business, industrial engineering, or a related field is required. MBA or advanced degree is a plus
- Familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Familiarity with Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively, both independently and in team settings, to include close collaboration with program managers
- Proven ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience in building and managing client relationships
- Hands-on experience supporting large, complex programs and program management offices
- A DHS HQ EOD is required before the successful candidate can commence work. An active DHS HQ EOD is highly desired.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.