JPI is hiring for a Management Consultant with at least 5 years of experience directly managing projects, deadlines, and project teams in a client environment. This position will be working with the U.S. Coast Guard client. ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED (Top Secret Preferred).
- Serve as an Information Technology (IT) project manager on multiple, concurrent projects applying project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools).
- Coordinate multiple assignments and review work products for completeness, quality, and adherence to customer requirements.
- Lead and facilitate client meetings and exercises.
- Communicate project status and results effectively to all leadership levels including senior executive personnel (SES) or Flag Officer level.
- Support the organization in defining and refining their mission, vision, goals, objectives, and priority of initiatives.
- Develop and create Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS); including defining and sequencing activities, estimating activity resources and durations, and developing and controlling schedules.
- Define and implement custom client solutions in SharePoint (2010) and provide recommendations based on knowledge management best practices.
- Read and interpret government policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those to activities in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Lead the development of communication tools including ALCOASTs, briefings, brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, articles, and internal announcements.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, communications, engineering, or a related field; Master's Degree is a plus.
- Active Secret Clearance, Top Secret preferred.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency in Microsoft Project and Visio preferred.
- Proficiency in SharePoint design and configuration; SharePoint Designer and InfoPath preferred.
- Experience using MS Project and/or other scheduling software.
- Hands on experience managing multiple projects; demonstration of a clear understanding and application of project management methodologies and advanced project management concepts, such as IMS.
- Experience managing IT or cybersecurity projects preferred.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communicator.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers.
- Demonstrated situational awareness and professionalism for onsite client delivery.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.