JPI has an immediate opening for a Manager with at least 10 years professional experience, including five years in management consulting and system or technology integration. The successful candidate will have experience implementing enterprise technology solutions in a Federal environment and working closely with Government clients. In this role, the successful candidate will balance technical leadership with hands-on development and implementation to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, highly technical, and cross-functional information technology initiatives.
Note: This position will have a business development and account management emphasis. Demonstrated recent and relevant experience in these areas is a requirement.
Business Development (BD) (30%):
- Identifies, qualifies, and leads capture of new and organic business opportunities;
- Leads business capture and proposal process to ensure compliant and timely responses to client Requests for Proposal/Quote (RFP/RFQ), Requests for Information (RFI), and Sources Sought Notifications (SSN);
- Serves as solution lead for developing technical proposals;
- Positively represents JPI to different clients through clear articulation of JPI’s value proposition service portfolio, and corporate differentiators;
- Identifies alignment of JPI solutions to client needs;
- Mentors other staff in implementing and improving BD engagement and processes; and
- Able to develop client relationships that provide insight into BD opportunities.
Account Management (20%):
- Works with account management team and program managers to establish priorities and aligns account activities to them;
- Implements business/organizational plans to achieve goals and objectives;
- Assists account management team with directing technology delivery teams in client service delivery across multiple client groups, work streams, and solution sets;
- Communicates a clear vision/strategy to team and clients;
- Manages client relationships to include senior and/or key relationships;
- Creates long-range account management strategies and action plans; and
- Secures follow-on work and identifies new solutions or service offerings to market to existing clients.
Client Service Delivery (20%):
- Leads and facilitates senior client meetings and exercises;
- Directs development and oversees delivery of solutions and deliverables that meet or exceed contractual requirements;
- Drives development and maintenance of project artifacts, including charters, analysis of alternatives, communications action plans, software development plans, change management plans, test plans, risk management plans, agendas, minutes, and correspondence;
- Oversees development of project status briefings and reports; Manages sub-contractors to include developing teaming and subcontract agreements; Identifies strategies for automating and implementing efficient work management processes;
- Maps complex business processes and communicates solutions to the client; and
- Provides thought leadership and innovation to provide recommendations on emerging technologies or optimization/efficiencies across architecture, implementation, hosting, etc.
Personnel and Team Development (20%):
- Leads account staffing and maintains a team that can deliver to client requirements;
- Develops and mentors personnel to ensure career aspirations are understood and supporting goals are established;
- Assists with the career development of subordinates; and
- Identifies training opportunities and appropriate certifications for staff to pursue.
Contract Management (10%):
- Manages production of monthly contractual deliverables and invoices, and ensures timely submission;
- Manages engagement economics to include spend plans, AR, subcontractor agreements, and contract documentation;
- Maintains strong relationship with Contracting Officers (KO) and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (COR); and
- Ensures compliance with all contractual requirements and clauses.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience, including five years in management consulting and five years in system or technology integration.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple IT disciplines, including application, data, and infrastructure architecture
- Experience developing and implementing management consulting methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, and templates);
- Demonstrated ability to identify, qualify, and lead capture efforts for new or organic business opportunities resulting in contract awards of $2M+ annually;
- Experience leading proposal teams in support of responses to large, complex federal solicitations, e.g. $8M+ in direct labor/professional services;
- Capability to successfully recruit, staff, train, and mentor employees and build high-performing teams;
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously managing cost, scope, and quality processes;
- Experience in building and maintaining senior client relationships;
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in large team settings to include close collaboration with program managers;
- Comfortable working on client sites on a daily basis to build strong relationships and communicate with clients;
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems, or a related field;
- MBA or Master’s degree in technical field strongly desired;
- PMP, Agile or other related industry management certifications are strongly desired;
- Understanding of ITIL, SDLC, SELC and/or SEI CMM principles strongly desired;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project;
- Direct and recent experience supporting the General Services Administration (GSA) strongly desired;
- Experience supporting Department of Homeland Security (DHS), US Coast Guard (USCG), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and/or Department of State (DOS) a plus.
- Clearance: Clearable or cleared to DoD Secret level or equivalent civilian agency clearance.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.