JPI is hiring a qualified Data Scientist to assist in the design and development of data automation, data migrations, and database development projects for a data visualization environment. They should have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, and scripting languages to configure solutions, implement workflows, create and provision data content, test enhancements and provide user support. This role requires participation in larger project teams providing support in the conception, construction, implementation and testing of GIS databases, applications, and production systems in a cloud-based environment.
- Evaluate and integrate spatial data from various data sources and data types (geodatabases, web services, raster and image files) using extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Perform basic and advanced processing tasks using ArcGIS and other Esri products and extensions (including, among others, the ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and other ArcGIS Apps products)
- Build databases or data stores from imagery and cartographic/digital sources; support the development of GIS database designs
- Write geoprocessing Python and SQL scripts
- Review, interpret, and utilize established production processes
- Coordinate workflow with project/technical managers
- Work with UI teams and/or client to define mapping and reporting requirements.
- Master’s/Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
- 4+ years of experience designing and implementing spatial analysis in a desktop GIS and data analyst role using ArcGIS or QGIS
- Experience working with databases and BI tools such as PostgreSQL, Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI etc.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc) to manipulate data
- Experience using web services
- Excellent leadership, verbal, written, problem-solving, and listening skills.
- Excellent skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation. Ability to adapt to rapid and ongoing changes in technology.
- Experience developing solutions in a cloud environment
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Solid understanding of the agile software development cycle paired with an ability to define/document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.