The IT Project Manager is responsible for successfully managing and delivering major technology projects within the Information Technology Department. This position will also manage the day to day needs of the project management team in the United States.
- Liaising with other users of the methodology within IT and other users of the methodology across all departments within the firm;
- Management of major information technology projects. This can include any project - the objective of this role is to focus on:
- Projects that are large and complex in size, scope, and risk;
- Work with the project sponsor to develop the project budgets;
- Projects that cut across multiple departments within information technology, internal business functions, or countries;
- Projects that require coordination for a group external to the technology function (e.g. client focused project or a project for another support function/department);
- To assist internal teams, if the scope of their own project work is sufficiently wide to require project management resources/assistance;
- The nature of the work covered within these projects will encompass the full project life cycle. This includes, but will not be limited to:
- Working with the sponsor in the development of the initial business case and developing the requirements;
- Producing a range of possible solutions and making recommendations on the preferred approach;
- Obtaining buy in and support for the selected approach and setting up implementation team;
- Managing the implementation, including obtaining resources, launching work packages, and managing and reporting on progress, issues, risks, and budgets;
- Managing the transfer from a project situation to a steady state operational situation. The role does not cover day-to day-operations of the selected product/service, it does cover transfer to operational status and obtaining agreement on the operational responsibilities;
- Assist, advise, and liaise, as required, with other teams where the project management functions are being provided by the team themselves or by other PM capable individuals.
- Many projects and routine operational activities require out of hours tasks as part of their execution. These are conducted by all members of the information technology function and the individual fulfilling this role will be expected to be a part of the technology team and take on ad-hoc out of hour's responsibilities as part of this role;
- All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent project management skills across a wide range of information technology projects
- Strong communication, coordination, questioning, and analytical skills
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the business
- Ability to demonstrate a how to develop and build a clear understanding of the 'big picture' requirements and how they tie in with other projects and programs of work
- Good technical understanding of the customer facing information technology services
- Good technical understanding of information technology systems
- Calm and objective approach when under pressure
- Ability to guide and develop team members
- Ability to build consensus across teams
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Ten (10)+ years project management experience preferred
- BA or BS degree preferred
- Prince 2 or PMI certification preferred
- Experienced in managing and working with teams in different countries and with different cultures
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.