JPI is seeking a Data Steward to support a big data initiative for a government client. This is a great opportunity to work on an enterprise-wide implementation of bleeding-edge technical solutions and be part of a high energy team. In this role you will balance technical leadership with hands-on development and implementation to initiate, plan, and execute management and governance of large-scale data entities across the enterprise.
- Experience working within technical teams to design, implement, and optimize data management and governance programs that promote high levels of data quality, integrity, availability and privacy.
- Engage with prospective and existing customers to promote strategic benefits of data sharing and re-use across the enterprise.
- Experience defining and documenting metadata, data standardization, data naming, and data definitions
- Monitor and audit data quality and communicate results and educate others through design and development of insightful visualizations, reports, and presentations
- Lead the planning, development, and execution of process improvement initiatives to improve data quality, data accuracy, and resolve deficiencies
- Gather, understand, and document enterprise data process requirements, functional requirements, and data quality requirements to establish trusted data sources
- Partner with other Data Stewards to capture and maintain a comprehensive global data dictionary and business glossary;
- Ensure developing and implementing global data standards, policies and procedures •
- Develop integrated solutions and recommendations for critical processes in
- Work with functional, operational, and technical teams to understand the impacts of changes across data domains and impacts to downstream processes and transactions
- Create and maintain data SOPs, work instructions etc. for continuous improvement of data governance standards and processes
- 3+ years of progressive experience in defining, developing, and implementing data management, governance, and quality programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field
- Experience working across organizations and levels to articulate data objections and promote buy-in
- Experience with tools related to data governance, data quality, and metadata management
- Experience developing dashboards and visualizations using Tableau or other visualization tools
- Strong knowledge with programming methodologies (version control, testing, QA) and development methodologies (Waterfall and Agile)
- Ability to manage complex engagements and interface with senior level management internally as well as with clients
- Excellent communication and writing skills and ability to communicate complex technical concepts succinctly to non-technical colleagues, understand & manage interdependencies between all facets of a project
- Ability to lead presentations with senior clients;
- Ability to look for solution gaps and provide technical recommendations
- Ability to obtain and maintain DHS Entry on Duty (EOD) Suitability Clearance
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.