JPI has an opening for a management consultant with four to six years management consulting, business tranformation, business process engineering, or business analysis experience and at least two years of relevant experience in direct support of the US Coast Guard, National Defense, Homeland Security, or law enforcement missions. This position will be working with the US Coast Guard clients to help drive major CIO Policy, Planning, and Governance, Organizational Design and Transformation initiatives.
· In a team environment, supporting and/or initiating transformation-related activities such as Business Process Improvement, Change Management, Communications, Policy Analysis and Development, and Business Analysis.
· Managing multiple projects implementing initiative management principles.
· Managing organizational policy, governance, and transformation projects of high complexity, and to direct the completion of projects within estimated timeframes and resource constraints.
· Conducting detailed research and analysis of technical data.
· Reading and interpreting government policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those to required activities.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior personnel.
· Leading and facilitating client meetings and exercises.
· Identifying strategies for automating and implementing efficient work management processes.
· Mapping complex business processes and communicating processes solutions to the client.
· Developing artifacts including business process models, use cases, organizational charts, and portfolio frameworks.
· Identifying business and organizational risks and developing risk mitigation strategies.
· Identifying issues to implementation of strategic plans and developing issues resolution/escalation strategies.
Possess at least four (4) years management consulting experience and at least two (2) years of relevant experience in direct support of the US Coast Guard, National Defense, Homeland Security, or law enforcement missions.
· Bachelor's degree in business, information systems, engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
· Ability to work at customer site daily
· Extensive experience using MS Project; must serve as a SME on the team
· Experience leading process improvement activities
· Scrum experience preferred
· Experience designing and configuring SharePoint sites
· PMP certification or DHS Level 2 or DAWIA Level 2 certification or equivalent certification not required, but a plus.
· Clearance: Clearable to DoD Secret or above.
· Ability to lead and/or perform formalized analysis of alternatives to develop recommendations based on qualifiable and quantifiable data.
· Proficient in business capability mapping techniques and deliverables.
· Strong understanding of requirements management and business analysis best practices.
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers and client personnel.
· Proven ability to support multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously in a deadline driven process.
· Experience in building and managing client relationships.
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Visio.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.