JPI has an opening for a Communications Specialist with three or more years of strategic communications consulting experience, ideally within a government setting. This position will be working with Department of Homeland Security clients to deliver strategic communications planning and execution.
- Contributing to project artifacts including charters, process guides, fact sheets, and correspondence
- Creating project status briefings and reports
- Co-leading and co-facilitating both working and senior/ executive level client meetings and exercises
- Developing meeting and briefing materials, including agendas, meeting minutes, briefings, and talking points
- Drafting sections of complex documents such as business case analyses, reports, and whitepapers
- Supporting Project Management-related strategies and action plans to support ongoing project management efforts
- Contributing to and supporting management of project plans, defining and sequencing activities, estimating activity durations, and developing schedules
- Participating in program management working sessions and supporting program managers in executing day-to-day project management activities
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, communications or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following disciplines: communications, strategic communications, project management, marketing, change management, organizational transformation
- Experience in a management consulting environment, including building and maintaining client relationships, preferred
- Experience with report generation and data analysis
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong, substantive writing experience
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven, process-oriented environment
- Experience with Microsoft Project or similar project management software
- Experience in and hands on use of Microsoft Excel and Office Suite preferred
- Experience in Microsoft SharePoint and Visio preferred, but not required
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.