JPI has an opening for a Business Analyst with six years management consulting, business process engineering, or business analysis experience. This position will be working with the US Coast Guard clients to help drive major CIO Policy, Planning, and Governance, Organizational Design and Transformation initiatives.
- Conducting detailed research and analysis of technical data.
- Reading and interpreting government policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those to required activities.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior personnel.
- Identifying strategies for automating and implementing efficient work management processes.
- Mapping complex business processes and communicating processes solutions to the client.
- Developing artifacts including business process models, use cases, organizational charts, and portfolio frameworks.
- Provide coaching to senior leadership and/or client personnel.
- Leading and facilitating client meetings and exercises.
- Developing governance frameworks and detailed implementation plans.
- Must have one to three years management consulting experience.
- Preferred at least one years of relevant experience in direct support of the US Coast Guard, Government Agencies supporting defense, Homeland Security, or law enforcement missions.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, information systems, engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Reengineering methodologies preferred.
- Ability to lead and/or perform formalized analysis of alternatives to develop recommendations based on qualifiable and quantifiable data.
- Proficient in business capability mapping techniques and deliverables.
- Strong understanding of requirements management and business analysis best practices.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers and client personnel.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously in a deadline driven process.
- Experience in building and managing client relationships.
- Ability to recognize new business development opportunities.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Visio.
- Exposure to SELC, SDLC, ITIL, COBIT, or CMMi principles preferred.
- DHS Level 2 or DAWIA Level 2 certification or equivalent certification not required, but a plus.
- Clearance: Clearable to DoD Secret or above.
JPI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.